I don’t like making separate dinners for my kids – based on what they’re willing to eat. But I also don’t like sitting down for dinner and listening to three little kids whine about what’s on their plates.
So I went on a hunt to find 10 family dinner ideas that everyone in my family could agree on. They had to be fast, simple (crock pot was a plus) and – most importantly – we all had to like them. Ten recipes really stood out from the rest, and I’m sharing them with you.
10 Fast and Simple Family Dinner Ideas
1. These Meatless Meatballs from Kids Activities blog are sure to be a hit at my house. And probably at yours too.
2. But if you’re looking for something a little faster, try out this 2-minute slow cooker chicken from Spoonful. Say what? Yes – we said two minutes. (this link is no longer available)
3. If noodles are more your thing, you can’t go wrong with Crystal & Co’s Crockpot Chicken and Noodles. This recipe is part of our regular rotation – and so delicious!
4. Have time for your kids to help in the kitchen? I cannot resist these waffle pizzas from B-Inspired Mama. My kids would LOVE these!
5. Sliced Steak BLTs from Rachael Ray are on my husband’s list of favorites. And my 3-year-old loves them too.
6. This simple pizza casserole from B-Inspired Mama is perfect for a no-fuss meal. Fast, easy and delicious.
7. I’ve never seen a recipe for crispy baked chicken quite like this one from Makeovers and Motherhood. We tried it out last night, and everyone at the table gave it two thumbs up.
8. The crock pot has become my best friend since I became a mom. And these Crock pot Chicken Tacos from ABC Creative Learning are a favorite.
9. Rachael Ray does not disappoint with these Tex Mex Sloppy Joes – and they’ll be ready in 30 minutes or less. (this link is no longer available)
10. And let’s not forget this amazing (and easy!) Chicken Tortilla Soup from Kids Activities Blog. I think I’ll make some tonight!
What are your favorite family dinner ideas?